Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chevron



I am in love with Chevron right now! 
When I saw these chairs that a lady had redid with
chalk paint I knew I HAD to have them!!





 
 
 
My kitchen had navy blue accent walls, wich did not match with my chairs,
so I painted them yellow. I took my bar stools
to the lady and had her paint them to match.

I HATE to pay full price for home decor.
  I always keep my eyes open for treasures at the thrift shops, yar sales, or antique stores.
Luckily I inherited this glass water bottle from my husbands grandfather.
(I still have one more setting out in storage)
About a month ago I saw a bottle similar to this at the floral and they
had it all decorated up cute wich gave me the idea of what to do with mine. 
(since I wasn't going to pay $145 for the one they made)
 Burlap is the in thing now, I see it everywhere.
 I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my kitchen so I bought me some burlap and some chevron material.  I used Fabri-Ta wich works like hot glue other then you don't burn yourself while using it (wich is a plus for me because I'd always blister my fingers) and you don't get the stringy glue everywhere.  It was $11.99 at the fabric store. 
 
 

 
This was such an easy project. 
I had the BINGO card from a project I had done earlier
that a lady picked up at a thrift store.  Everything on this bottle is
glued on.  Even the flower I made with zero sewing.  







 
I haven't sewn in years and I don't even own a sewing machine,
but luckily my sister let me borrow hers. 
I took a white dish cloth and sewed the chevron and burlap on the front
 


 

I added the chevron material to the back of an old window I had.
(again, used the glue to adhere it to the wood frame)


 I cut a piece and put in the bottom of my serving tray
 


 
Then I made me some curtains to hang over my window above the sink.
 
 
 
Total cost for this project was
 
Chevron fabric $10.95 for 1 yard
Burlap $8.99 (still have alot left over to use on other projects!)
Glue  $11.99
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment