Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bathroom Redo





Our half bath sets just off the kitchen.
After I painted my kitchen yellow
every time I went in the bathroom
that ugly green color bugged me.
I haven't made any changes to the bathroom
since we bought the house
six months ago.
This bathroom is always a disaster.
Everyone walks in the back door
and drops their shoes
right inside the bathroom,
right on the floor,
right in the way!
In fact, we really don't use this bathroom, it just is a DROP ALL.
 





It was so dull and boring.  I had half a gallon of paint left over from when I painted the kitchen
and decided it'd be good to use that paint here.
 
So two hours later I had the bathroom painted.
(I apologize, my camera isn't the best, so the pictures don't turn out quit
as vibrant as I'd like. )


The bottom is painted yellow and I left the top white.
 
I had a star, basket, and the word Believe laying around. It was actually in my yard sale pile. 
I pulled them out and spray painted everything black.
 
I have an old farm box that I picked up years ago at a yard sale for $3.
I figured this would be a good place to use it.  We can throw our shoes in there.
I told my husband I put the word
BELIEVE
on the wall so everyone could
believe in themselves
and put their shoes where they belonged.....inside the box!
 
Now maybe we'll use this bathroom
for what it was intended for
 
and not a THROW all place! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment